Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @jeffekennedy: A good reminder to restrain judgment -> To The Fit Woman At Marketplace Foods huff.to/1wL62Wz via @HuffPostWomen 14 hours ago
- RT @BibleStdntsSay: "Many former presidents boasted God & claimed to be guided by God during their presidency." (God is currently suing mos… 14 hours ago
- RT @goodsaints: Neat story about the Santa Tracker! Via @nprnews: NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport http://t.co/QW7Z… 14 hours ago
- Rethinking the Christmas Story alifeoverseas.com/rethinking-the… 16 hours ago
- (Bittersweet, funny, agonizing.) Man reveals true identity in obituary, instructs son to 'avenge his death' go.fox43.com/1y7uHkJ 16 hours ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 301,322 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: pensive
If it was a surprise to me that my $7-free-with-donation rosary was worth hundreds of dollars, then it was even a bigger surprise when the parish priest wrote back to me. “He’ll tell you to keep it,” my Patient Husband … Continue reading
I sold books at my parish craft fair this weekend, which is kind of exciting but not the most exciting thing. You see, when you sell at a craft fair, you’re there before they open, and you can browse. This … Continue reading
I went “running” for the first time since early May. It’s not my fault I stopped running, and I offer no apologies to myself or to the Fitness Judges, who should understand that parental duties and a child in need … Continue reading
A guest priest says daily Mass on Mondays, and the Monday before last he shared sad news that three nuns he knew from a nearby city had died in Burundi. Yesterday, he was back, and he mentioned it again during the … Continue reading
On Saturday, blog reader Normandie Fischer finally convinced me to join Facebook. My Patient Husband had joined the week before, and finally I succumbed to the pressure. There were six friend requests awaiting me before I even got there. I … Continue reading
Five years ago, I dashed home between errands to find that after ten days of failure, we’d trapped the cat. I had almost exactly ten minutes to spare in my schedule, so I burned rubber to get the cat and … Continue reading