Find me on Goodreads!
- Five minutes with this chatty section, 350 words gone, and no major content removed. Yeah, it needed to be mowed down. #myWANA 14 hours ago
- What's truly sad is I think this scene *already* got cut by a thousand words. Imagine how boring it was before! #myWANA 15 hours ago
- "So…so wait, an infodump in conversation…is still an infodump? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!" #myWANA 15 hours ago
- 1800 words of just chatter in this chapter. I bet I can make half of that disappear. #myWANA 15 hours ago
- Oh, and you can forget about me submitting anything to you, since you don't have the decency to even autorespond with "We got it!" 19 hours ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 298,649 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: pensive
I went “running” for the first time since early May. It’s not my fault I stopped running, and I offer no apologies to myself or to the Fitness Judges, who should understand that parental duties and a child in need … Continue reading
A guest priest says daily Mass on Mondays, and the Monday before last he shared sad news that three nuns he knew from a nearby city had died in Burundi. Yesterday, he was back, and he mentioned it again during the … Continue reading
On Saturday, blog reader Normandie Fischer finally convinced me to join Facebook. My Patient Husband had joined the week before, and finally I succumbed to the pressure. There were six friend requests awaiting me before I even got there. I … Continue reading
Five years ago, I dashed home between errands to find that after ten days of failure, we’d trapped the cat. I had almost exactly ten minutes to spare in my schedule, so I burned rubber to get the cat and … Continue reading
As a warning, there is dead wildlife at the end of this post. If that’s a trigger for you, please stop reading here. – On Tuesday nights, I come home late with one of the Kiddos while my Patient Husband … Continue reading
Just yesterday, someone was telling me about a trip she’d taken with her elderly mother. It sounded like a fantastic trip, the kind you take once in a lifetime — and given her mother’s age, that’s likely to be the … Continue reading