Join 3 other followers
Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @dino_comics: https://t.co/mWD2sLsPLX 2 hours ago
- RT @HillaryMonahan: It's been my observation that people who are nasty to others but not me simply haven't gotten around to being nasty in… 2 hours ago
- RT @Gormogons: GorT: I'm waiting for the book/movie where the DART mission deflected the target asteroid just enough to direct it towards a… 4 hours ago
- RT @RealEvilHRLady: A recruiter walks into an elevator. He sees a young teen. He judges the young teen because said teen did not wish to ch… 4 hours ago
- RT @ProperlyZuri: The next time you hear a white American evangelical say they’re going to Ethiopia to evangelize and do mission work, thro… 18 hours ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 324,093 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: food
Kiddo#4 has discovered “leftovers.” I’m not sure why, but we’ve had several variants of this conversation: Kiddo#4: Is there any leftovers? Me: Um, I think so. Yeah, here are some green beans. Kiddo#4: YAY! And then he sits down and … Continue reading
I bought myself a Happy Meal. Tuesday. So let’s see: you guys know that Angelborough is ten miles away from everything. It’s ten miles from my kids’ pediatrician. Ten miles from Kiddo#1’s summer camp. Ah, but it’s fifteen miles from … Continue reading
There is a billboard out on Main Street which declares, courtesy of the McDonalds corporation, that “Chocolate drizzle is a right, not a topping.” The picture is of some frothy coffee drink thing, and I admit, it looks nice. I’m … Continue reading
All my future blog posts are in my camera. It’s the way I’ve operated lately: see something cool, take a picture, and think, “I’ll blog about that sometime.” I think I’ve got four sets of posts in the camera right … Continue reading
One of our family rituals is “Church Breakfast,” which means brunch on Sunday. It takes its name from when Kiddo#1 was three, and I was pregnant with Emily. After dealing with morning sickness for ten weeks, I noticed during Mass … Continue reading
“I wanted you to like me, and I thought the best way to do that was with brilliant and insightful critique.” This is what I said during the first session at my critique group. “But in order to do that, … Continue reading
My Patient Husband woke me up this morning with, “In honor of Saint Patrick’s Day, I made Irish Cream coffee.” Try wrapping your head around that while waking up. I had trouble. Now I have Irish friends who walk around … Continue reading
In an effort to save myself some effort, I’m posting our family’s recipe for oatmeal scotchies (oatmeal cookies with butterscotch chips.) Whereas we make chocolate chip cookies using the recipe on the chocolate chip bag, the recipe on the butterscotch … Continue reading
I’ve discovered something going on in my own home, among my own children, which I’d never realized. A lesson that is shocking and which I certainly didn’t realize I was imparting to my children. Tea is what you drink when … Continue reading