Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @EvilSupplyCo: a side benefit is having so much boring info (WATER ACTIVATED TAPE VS PRESSURE TAPE) that people leave you alone at parti… 3 hours ago
- Is It Time, Dear Writer, To Ditch Your Literary Agent?: terribleminds.com/ramble/2017/02… 13 hours ago
- RT @docgrumpy: DANGER! CRIME ALERT! 6abc.com/society/conn-p… 14 hours ago
- RT @CarlRackman: Vegan fatalism: You can't make an omelette without... well you just can't. 1 day ago
- RT @thesavvy: I'm not even sure what to politically label myself anymore. Republicans have lost their backbone and conservatives are advoca… 1 day ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 316,318 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: kiddos
Kiddo4 has always listened to everything, but it’s more obvious lately. Driving with the radio on a couple of weeks ago, I heard him say, “Mom? What’s ‘dignified’?” The word had just appeared in a song. How do you explain … Continue reading
Kiddo#1 is at the end of the first term, and he says he’s getting a hundred in calculus. Awesome, right? He says, “I got a 92 on one of my tests, though, so I wasn’t sure.” I think there were … Continue reading
Daughter needed to get maybe a handful of speech therapy sessions to correct a persistent lisp. Brought her to a nearby SLP place and had her evaluated. Noted at the time that it was the most unfriendly waiting room I … Continue reading
It’s that time of year when the world’s best toys fall from the sky. This is the time of year when no actual raking gets done, but if I hand two boys a pair of rakes, I receive in return … Continue reading
As I type, I’m being interrupted every minute or so to spell a word. It started this morning when I set the breakfast table. “Who’s reading Howl’s Moving Castle?” Howl’s Moving Castle is an amazing book and I’ve read it … Continue reading
Beatlemania continues unabated. We’ve now seen both the Help! and A Hard Day’s Night movies, and my Kiddos have large swaths of Beatles songs memorized. They argue about which songs they would give three, four or five stars, and … Continue reading