Join 3 other followers
Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @dino_comics: https://t.co/mWD2sLsPLX 2 hours ago
- RT @HillaryMonahan: It's been my observation that people who are nasty to others but not me simply haven't gotten around to being nasty in… 2 hours ago
- RT @Gormogons: GorT: I'm waiting for the book/movie where the DART mission deflected the target asteroid just enough to direct it towards a… 4 hours ago
- RT @RealEvilHRLady: A recruiter walks into an elevator. He sees a young teen. He judges the young teen because said teen did not wish to ch… 4 hours ago
- RT @ProperlyZuri: The next time you hear a white American evangelical say they’re going to Ethiopia to evangelize and do mission work, thro… 18 hours ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 324,093 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: knitting
It’s easy to get into an “am not!”/”are so!” fight about things that don’t actually matter, and being a knitter is one of those. In my heart, I’m not a knitter, and this despite the evidence to the contrary. That … Continue reading
1) If you are lace-knitting in the dark, using burgundy yarn, while trying to read a chart, you’re going to have a bad time. 2) It takes thirty seconds to rip out half an hour of semi-distracted knitting. 3) If … Continue reading
Since I posted the first one, here’s the second. Please note that I don’t intend for there to be a third, and there is no way I would ever make these to sell. He came out really cute-looking, I think. … Continue reading
Somehow I end up being somewhat voluntold to knit a Blue Bird Of Angriness for my kiddos. Have you stopped laughing at my plight yet? (The godmother of one of the Kiddos laughed out loud and then choked it back … Continue reading
Back in May I decided to try Malabrigo’s Silky Merino, and when I had to pick a color, I noticed one of the colors was called Archangel. How could I resist? I bought two skeins and figured eventually the right … Continue reading
Check it out: It’s “Ela’s Favorite Hat” from the book One-Skein Wonders, done in Noro Silk Garden. I didn’t choose the color bands; Silk Garden is self-striping yarn, and it comes in all these crazy colors. This one is for … Continue reading
Of course the knitting backlog was so great, I forgot two of them. 😦 First we have a scarf I started two weeks before Easter as a prayer for someone who was having a difficult time. This went into the … Continue reading
The socks I mentioned a while back are still “on the needles” but I did finish the first sock before the color repeat. I know you’ve been losing sleep over that. I haven’t been posting pictures of the things I … Continue reading
It’s been a while since I successfully knitted a sock, so when I saw there was a sock version of Noro Silk Garden, I ordered one and camped out beside my mailbox until it arrived, then carried it around like … Continue reading
Interesting discovery: in the past few months, I’ve made two projects that deliberately incorporated ruining your knitting. You may remember the waterfall scarf: That lacy pattern down the center is formed by creating a run in the knitting. If you’ve … Continue reading