Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @ForgottenBkmrks: I'm giving away a signed copy of my book "Handwritten Recipes." To enter, just reply or RT. You can also enter on Fac… 1 day ago
- Nerd Girl Yarns is going to be at Knitting in the Heartland in Overland Park, KS, and I haz a jealous. Geeky-theme… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- RT @MissLoreleiLee: My whole life, my mother has told this story: she went to a democratic socialists' convention when I was about a year a… 2 days ago
- RT @aestheticsweeb: https://t.co/7AKGTTdimY 2 days ago
- RT @JenFitz_Reads: Amazon Introduces Agonizingly Slow Shipping Option To Help You Build Up Spiritual Virtue Of Patience https://t.co/fyoq2W… 2 days ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 319,486 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: music
If you’ve been hearing “All About That Bass” lately, (and honestly, who hasn’t? I even heard it on W-Old-Phartz) then you know that Mama told Meaghan Trainor not to worry about her size. Then I heard the song, “You Can’t … Continue reading
Beatlemania continues unabated. We’ve now seen both the Help! and A Hard Day’s Night movies, and my Kiddos have large swaths of Beatles songs memorized. They argue about which songs they would give three, four or five stars, and … Continue reading
My Patient Husband and I were compiling all the rules we’ve picked up from music. Don’t pay the ferryman. Don’t talk to strangers. Don’t answer me (I guess that’s if you break Rule 2 and talk to strangers.) Don’t let … Continue reading
“Mom, have you ever heard of a band called The Beatles?” That was Kiddo#3, nine years old, while I was driving. I had a momentary disconnect, because at his age, I’m certain I had their entire discography memorized (well, the … Continue reading
Yesterday, I was involved in creating Christmas music that made you reach for the ear-sporks. My Patient Husband and daughter decided to get out their respective cello and violin, and using a book of Christmas carols that came from when … Continue reading
The kids have begun bugging me because I change the channel whenever a Christmas song comes on. They think I hate Christmas music, and I don’t. I just don’t like it too soon. There are now two radio stations I … Continue reading