Join 3 other followers
Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @dino_comics: https://t.co/mWD2sLsPLX 1 hour ago
- RT @HillaryMonahan: It's been my observation that people who are nasty to others but not me simply haven't gotten around to being nasty in… 2 hours ago
- RT @Gormogons: GorT: I'm waiting for the book/movie where the DART mission deflected the target asteroid just enough to direct it towards a… 4 hours ago
- RT @RealEvilHRLady: A recruiter walks into an elevator. He sees a young teen. He judges the young teen because said teen did not wish to ch… 4 hours ago
- RT @ProperlyZuri: The next time you hear a white American evangelical say they’re going to Ethiopia to evangelize and do mission work, thro… 18 hours ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 324,093 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: religion
Lent is a superb time to get fed up with yourself. I’m a writer who’s got a novel-in-progress since, oh, forever. I blogged about it, and everyone liked the idea. I told my agent about it, and eventually she admitted … Continue reading
Ash Wednesday is not an HDO, but we like to go to Mass anyhow. Typically my Patient Husband takes the school-bound Kiddos to the 6:45AM Mass and then I go at 9 after dropping off Kiddo4. This year, the new … Continue reading
Yesterday I followed a Twitter link to a survey about the rosary. It began normally enough (age, gender) and then started asking whether I’d ever used a rosary aide. The only “rosary aides” I own are rosaries (about eleven or … Continue reading
Two weeks ago, a friend showed me a shawl she knit for a woman with breast cancer, and I said, “Philangelus, you idiot…” because I too know a woman with breast cancer. And suddenly I needed to knit her a … Continue reading
On Sunday I ended up at a bowling birthday party, the kind where thirty four-year-olds produce a slow-motion physics video of a bowling ball in realtime. After the bowling they had pizza and cake, and the attending parents were offered … Continue reading
I was listening to a youtube video today while knitting a shawl (a shawl that fills me with panic again on every row, because it’s only getting larger. It started by casting on eleven stitches, but it’s well over three … Continue reading
I have a question: Did Jesus like people to follow the rules? Jesus said that not one jot of the law would pass away, and he certainly followed the rules himself (see the bit about paying the Temple tax) but … Continue reading
I read an honest-to-goodness “life changing” article when I was a kid, and it came back this week like the Ghost Of News Articles Past. I’m pretty sure the article came from Catholic Digest: a woman writing about how her … Continue reading
Back when I had Kiddo1, my mother told me not to try being a perfect mother, but instead to be a good-enough mother. Since there are no perfect mothers, you’d pretty much kill yourself trying to live up to the … Continue reading