Find me on Goodreads!
- RT @tjklune: Witnessing a verified author with 60k followers tank her new book release by publicly going after people who rated her book fo… 5 hours ago
- Teacher commits assault against a student; principal says, "I don't have the authority to do anything." Basically. apnews.com/article/michig… 11 hours ago
- RT @LittleMissFlint: Everyone meet Jurnee, she is a 7-year-old frost grade student from Ganiard Elementary in Mt. Pleasant, MI. She went to… 11 hours ago
- RT @Joeinblack: @peternguyenn I was sent to a parish that was collapsing in every possible way; the worst situation I’ve ever been handed.… 1 day ago
- Secondary dilemma, this one much nicer! I bought a jar of artichoke hearts. What shall I do with them? What's a favorite way to eat them? 1 day ago
Comment policy redux:
1) Comments should pertain to the post.
2) Comments to other commenters should pertain to the post.
3) Comments insulting other commenters aren't cool.
4) Comments that are violent, hostile or profane will be edited or deleted.
The posts everyone seems to read
As seen around the internet, my Signs You Are A Geek Parent
Reflections on breastfeeding, sex and the sacraments: "This Is My Body"
For managers: Random priority generation tables
Subjects I write about
Archives by week
- 323,204 hits
Envy me for my little dragons!
Yes, you can click on these guys.
View the rest of them at my scroll!
Category Archives: why have three kids?
I’m not even sure our family knows what normal is, but we seem to have returned to it. Thank you all for your prayers and messages (whether left here or emailed to me) and I’m sorry I didn’t reply to … Continue reading
Someone told me her husband wouldn’t let them have three kids “because he doesn’t want the middle child to have middle-child syndrome.” I didn’t reply as I should have, that maybe if he was worried about that, he should parent … Continue reading
…a little beauty is gone forever from the world, and Kiddo#4 is a little bit less a baby. It took two days, but his baby blue eyes have gone to brown. Kiddo#2 did the same thing, only over a single … Continue reading
I was at BJs with Kiddo#3 in a car-cart and Kiddo#4 in the sling. Everyone loves K4 when he’s in a sling. There’s just his head showing, and his cuteness is so awesome that he pulls small objects into his … Continue reading
I want to add a silly update to the “Why have three (or more) children” series. You ready for this? Because you get to use all the good jokes one more time. No, really. This pregnancy, my husband got to … Continue reading
In the first segment on this discussion on why someone might make the countercultural decision to have more than two children, I said that most people wouldn’t deliberately limit themselves to two friends, but most Americans nowadays deliberately limit themselves … Continue reading
Once again: I’m not writing for the already-decided. This series is aimed at families who end up at my weblog specifically looking for reasons it’s okay to have another child. The search query list tells me it’s a lot of … Continue reading
This morning, we’re continuing the “reasons to have three children” series. To clarify: I’m not writing this for people who have already decided to have zero, one or two children. (Nor, really, those who have decided to have nine children.) … Continue reading
One of the nice features of WordPress is that I get a little statistics page telling me the search terms used to find my weblog. I’ve had a significant number of hits from people looking for “three kids” and “why … Continue reading
We took the Kiddos for their semiannual dental checkups, and now all have clean teeth. Afterward, I went ahead to the secretary’s desk to drop off the paperwork and get new appointments. One gentleman was checking out in front of … Continue reading